From Tammy Robacker:
CALL FOR POETRY—South Sound Poets
WRIST Magazine Announces Special ALL-POETRY Issue for April 2013!
Write about your sorrows,
your wishes, your passing thoughts,
your belief in anything beautiful.
–Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
April is National Poetry Month. To celebrate this exciting literary occasion, former Poet Laureate of Tacoma, Tammy Robacker and local writer and poet Maria Gudaitis are teaming up with Tacoma’s new literary arts magazine, WRIST, to produce its first all-poetry issue. Robacker and Gudaitis will partner with poetry editors, Crys Ignatowski and Ava Williams, to publish an unofficial “official” 2013 Tacoma National Poetry Month magazine. South Sound poets are invited to submit poetry for consideration in this special issue. (See submission guidelines below.) There is no fee to enter poems. Entry deadline is March 10.
The WRIST all-poetry issue will feature work from over 40 local poets and will be distributed throughout the city, online and at numerous Tacoma events in honor of National Poetry Month. WRIST will also host an April issue magazine release party with a live poetry reading on Friday, April 5, at 7 pm. The community is invited to celebrate with Robacker, Gudaitis, local poets, WRIST purchase levitra without a prescription staff, guest readers, family and friends for this kick-off event for National Poetry Month at Bluebeard Coffee Roasters at 2201 6th Avenue in Tacoma.
Please read and follow these submission guidelines before sending poems.
- Deadline for submissions is March 10. WRIST only accepts poetry that has not previously been published.
- Poetry submissions are FREE and will ONLY be accepted via email. Please do not use postal mail.
- Submit up to three (3) poems (not exceeding fifty lines each) or two long poems (not exceeding 2 single-spaced pages each).
- Please send poem in an attached Word document with an introductory email with your contact information. Include a short bio (100 words or less) naming the South Sound area/city you live and/or work in with an email address to contact you.
- Send poems and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. All poets will be notified of submission publication status via email by March 16, 2013.
- Questions can also be emailed to email@example.com.
What is WRIST? We’re an ad-free monthly publication exhibiting local writers and artists in printed form and free-of-cost. WRIST publishes their Tacoma-area print literary journal twelve times a year. To learn more about WRIST magazine, go to wristmag.com or visit us at facebook.com/wristmag
Owner & Writer, Pearle Publications, LLC